Topband: Spitfire.......one more question

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 18 01:03:08 EST 2013

And one more question -

ON4UN in V5 states that the Spitfire will lose a few db of gain due to
ground losses.  How does one calculate near field ground losses? What
software is needed?

A related question is a general one for antennas with near ground
horizontal elements - e.g. Bruce & delta loops.  I think Tom has stated
more than once that performance could be improved by a ground screen
under this type of antenna.  What would be a good cost/performance
ground screen geometry?

Grant KZ1W