Topband: KP5 & the DXCC

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Wed Nov 20 03:45:09 EST 2013

My point David was that precisely the same rule applied to Water Island
as to KP5 but without whatever "political" clout was used to get
Desecheo in only a few here did not have the intensity of your efforts
as an ARRL insider as SCM for Puerto Rico ringing the bells at Newington.

He is another oblique example:  When the FCC (a ham decided this) to
convert KV4 to KP2 it was strange that all those in KP4 got to keep
their calls.  Imagine if Johnny Johson (W3BNS) had changed Puerto Rico
to KV3 instead.  You see the political pressure under such a move would
have been awesome.  We in the VI got intercoursed, while you in KP4 were
specially favored. These things do not happen in a vacuum.

Herb, KV4FZ