Topband: Verifying integrity of 75 ohm coax.,

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 15:23:31 EST 2013

FWIW, the silicone grease that I have used more recently has been Dow Corning MS4. That is specifically described by them as being a lubricant suitable for wiping contacts, as well as multiple other uses.

The grease we used in 1961 was probably a 'Radiospares' (now RS Components) in-house brand, but would have been made by one of the major chemical manufacturers. The technician in charge of the TV shop was ex-military - it's way too late to ask him but I would almost be prepared to bet that he had first seen the technique in the forces.

73 Roger
VE3ZI