Topband: 160m Inverted L High SWR

Bill Stewart cwopr at embarqmail.com
Wed Oct 2 13:04:49 EDT 2013

Tnx Richard for the info.
I've got a small collection of doorknobs and will ck to see
if I can cobble up that much capacitance. I only run less
than 200 watts output, so won't need any HV vacuum caps. From
what I read, the inv L can be fed directly with 50 ohm coax, but
no mention is made of what the swr might be. In an open field,
made per the book, the swr might be much lower than mine. My ant.
has a lot of tall pines close to it.

I thought the "Q" of the antenna was not vry good since the SWR
curve is vry broad.

The choke you mention..is it made with coax coiled up at the feed
point..if so, any idea how many turns & coil dia?

Last night I made contacts into Minn, NY and PA, with 589 reports..
running a Viking 2 at 100w output. Oh, and receiving seems to be
good too...W1AW overloaded my SX-71 and other stns were cmg in
good as well...so some success.

Tnx, 73 de Bill K4JYS