Topband: 160m Inverted L High SWR

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 13:57:45 EDT 2013

Bill,

If you lengthen the L portion, you will raise the feedpoint Z significantly.

As I mentioned here last month, my inverted-L is about 155' long (vertical
portion also about 55'). The simple 2-capacitor tuner we use (which the
ARRL apparently picked up here and posted in their latest contest
newsletter) is described there as well.

And others gave us some good advice about balancing the current in the
elevated radials.

The ARRL post (which IMO left out some important info) is at
http://www.arrl.org/contest-update-issues?issue=2013-09-25
I didn't know they were going to use my text and photo (but that's OK :-) .

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com