Topband: topband for k3 users

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Oct 5 15:23:42 EDT 2013

Ive had an early and late K3 here on loan and have kept my TS-950SD. What Im
really looking for is a TS-950SDX.

One thing Kenwood does better is the RX/TX audio on SSB in particular and
Ive had a 830, 930, and 940 prior.

The 950 series switches in a 20 or 30dB pad (I forget which) between
500-1500 KHz which has eliminated any Topband BCB problems here and would
make for easier filtering in other areas of the planet.

The question I have is when is the SDR rig going to become the all around
performance leader?

Carl
KM1H