Topband: Outdoor cable trunking - opinions pse

Keith Jillings (G3OIT) g3oit.keith at jillings.org.uk
Tue Oct 8 08:09:50 EDT 2013

On 08/10/2013 08:17, Dave G4GED wrote:

> Does anyone have any relative experience please?

The plastic trunking I tried became a home for various wildlife.  While
it kept the rain off the cables, it did make them thoroughly unpleasant
to handle.

I now use little gutter brackets, screwed to the fenceposts, and hook
the cable in those.  It keeps stuff off the ground, makes access easy,
and has not been a problem (so far, anyway).

Lightning strikes aren't common round here, and if there is one it's
more likely to damage the trees or the house.

73

Keith