Topband: Raised radial question from NH

Charlie Cunningham charlie-cunningham at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 19 14:06:45 EDT 2013

Good luck, Jim!!

BTW I've worked some good stuff all round the world on 160 with a 70 foot
tall Inv L with two elevated radials that ran along my lot lines.

For receiving, the 'KAZ" terminated loop is delta shape and it  could be
supported by one line at the apex, and the ends could be tied off to trees
or stakes with two more lines. It's ground-independent, so the lower
horizontal wire only  needs to be a very few feet off the ground. I built
one that was 12' high at the apex and the horizontal bottom wire was 40' at
2' off the ground. It was  a GREAT receive antenna for 160, 80, 40 and 30m.
You would likely need a preamp on 160. You might not have time enough this
afternoon to build it and wind the matching transformer, though. You might
just try a wire on the ground - perhaps 1/4 wave? As a temporary effort.

Good luck!

73,
Charlie, K4OTV