Topband: Balun question

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Thu Oct 24 19:25:05 EDT 2013

Though this reflector is for 160M I have an 80M question that might
be best asked here. My father W1BML is on an 80 meter net nightly.
His antenna in an inv-V with 40 & 80 elements though he never uses 40
any more. I needed to fell a couple of trees to remove branches that
were touching his copperweld and the W2AU balun he had broke in two
during the process. (Don't ask, your imagination is probably correct)
 :) And he would like it put back the way it was, with a balun. He's
96 so I try to keep him happy.

I'm thinking 10 or so rolls of coax around 1' in diameter ought to be
fine for a choke on 80. Any better suggestions?

Thanks,

Gary
KA1J