Topband: Are stacked verticals feasible?

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Sep 6 09:26:06 EDT 2013

Look at it as 2 ground planes with the lower feed point 1/4 wave above ground along with its elevated radials which should make it pretty much ground independent according to what has been published on here and elsewhere.

The second ground plane would be identical with 1/4 wave spacing from the top of the lower antenna or a 1/2 wave between feed points.

Then I would think that the ground conductivity at the reflection point would be the only concern as far as efficiency and gain??

If installed as vertical dipoles then there would also have to be additional spacing between them.

I would think that at 6-12' spacing from the tower it would minimize interaction on 160 or 80?

Does anyone on here have EZNEC and can plot this?

Carl
KM1H