Topband: CAT5 for Flag Antenna Feedline ?

Bob K6UJ k6uj at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 9 01:30:20 EDT 2013

I was reading a post from the past about the FO0AAA delta shaped receive antenna used on 160.
I states in the post that they used CAT5, using just two twisted wires feeding the receiving loop rather
than coax.  They said the CAT5 was much better than using coax with a choke.  I got the impression from the post
that CAT5 is immune to common mode noise.  I searched for more info on using CAT5 twisted pair and havent
found anything.  I am feeding my receiving flag with RG6 and a K9YC recipe choke.  I have lots of CAT5
cable and am thinking of trying CAT5 for the feed and see how it compares to my RG6.  Would this be a waste
of time ?

Bob
K6UJ