Topband: 3B9EME

DALE LONG dale.long at prodigy.net
Tue Sep 10 01:42:57 EDT 2013

Keith you are exactly right. Because it takes some days to check topband antennas and understand their performance, and the effects of propagation, often there is not sufficient time in the dxpedition.   And we have developed into a hobby of complainers. Dxpeditions are now being criticized because their online logs are less than perfect. Only a few years ago online logs did not exist and now we are using them to judge the success of the dxpedtion? Guys who have never ventured out of their air-conditioned shack, are complaining about the guys who have devoted their time and resources just to make the deserving happy.  Often they are operating through illness and discomfort, and fighting many obstacles that we do not understand.

You said it best.

"Be appreciative of the efforts of others to provide you with a "new one"!

73

Dale - N3BNA