Topband: 5/8 wavelength vertical is mo bettathan shorterversions??

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Sep 26 16:23:13 EDT 2013

I would think a 5/8 would be good for the various 160 contests where a lot
of contacts are short distances and the extended groundwave plus some power
at 40 degrees could be useful.
Wth 3 antennas, a 1/4 wave, a 5/8 or 1/2 wave and a horizontal cloud warmer
or for DX ducting, would cover all bases.

OTOH a 1/4 wave only a few hundred feet away could null some of the signal.

Carl
KM1H