Topband: QRSS mode

Radio KH6O radio.kh6o at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 21:06:11 EDT 2014

I know that the 600 Meter Research Group is utilizing QRSS for their
experiments; that was the first I'd ever heard of the mode.

Note that the 600 meter band was the former MF maritime CW band, with
500 kHz being the international CW calling and distress freq'y for
about 80 years. 500 would be jammed at night when the band opened up
after sunset. With the elimination of maritime CW, the 600 MRG
obtained an experimental license from the FCC. You can view their
research at:

w5jgv.com/600_mrg.htm    and    500kc.com

73, Jeff KH6O / 6