Topband: 1000 feet 5/8" hardline or 600ohm True Ladder line.

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Tue Apr 29 19:15:09 EDT 2014

I buy my quad shield Commscope RG-6 directly from a CATV distributor in bulk
so I know it is outdoor rated as well as having published specs.
The stuff from box stores, RatShak, Fleabay, hamfests, etc, can be a real
crapshoot especially when the reel and cable is unmarked.

Extensive tests when I worked as an engineer and later manager in a
broadband CATV based data/voice/video network showed that quad shielded RG-6
and RG-11 made a substantial improvement over same company dual shield when
it came to signal ingress in harsh enviroments.

Cheap cable from even known brands, had a thinner foil and as little as 65%
braid.

Carl
KM1H