Topband: Ladder line vs coax loss epiphany

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Wed Apr 30 11:08:01 EDT 2014

I briefly used the "window line" you all are discussing, before I built my own parallel line from scratch.

I think all the window line that's available today from Wireman, RF Connection, etc is made by JSC. My experience was with JSC 1318.

Yes, the window line had some issues. Change in properties when wet and the way it turns into a "sail" in any wind were my biggest problems.

I think the window line is probably useful under some circumstances. It rolls up kinda nicely (being copper plated steel it will always coil back up!) and is rather lightweight. I know for sure my home-made parallel lines doesn't roll back up nicely! So maybe it would be useful to backpackers etc. especially in dry weather.

Tim N3QE