Topband: Rig Comparisons

Richard Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Aug 2 21:16:30 EDT 2014

On 2014-08-02 17:46, Paul Christensen wrote:

> Their implementation of adaptive pre-distortion (APD) works very well
> even without "well behaved" amps and substantial IMD improvement is
> easily attained with existing bipolar transistor, FET, and vacuum tube
> amps.  I have personally witnessed 3rd-order IMD improve from -30 dBc

This doesn't even sound like the same system that was
in the report.  Always good to have a second opinion.
Maybe you should have written the report.  The report
mentioned how critical it was to get the input signal
just below clipping and it required the user to ride
the gain.  Doesn't sound adaptive to me.  I guess
we will have to wait for a larger number of users to try
this in the real world and see how reproducible it is.
Interesting technology.

Rick N6RK