Topband: Ferrite Cores

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Aug 5 14:47:01 EDT 2014

On 8/5/2014 11:34 AM, Bill Wichers wrote:
> When you think about it, FT-240-31 is easier to know "Ferrite, Toroid, 2.4" OD material #31" is a lot easier to remember than "2631803802"

Hmmm. The part numbers are in Appendix One of my tutorial, which also
lists known good vendors. Part numbers are also easy to find in
Fair-Rite's excellent on-line catalog. But I guess that someone who is
too mentally lazy to look those up deserves to be ripped off. Just like
someone who doesn't want to be bothered studying the ARRL Handbook or
ARRL Antenna book to learn how antennas work deserves to be ripped off
by those selling "magic" solutions.

73, Jim K9YC