Topband: Common Mode currents via Antenna Switch(Ungrounded)

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Aug 6 21:06:09 EDT 2014

On 8/6/2014 2:50 PM, Hugh Valentine wrote:
> I have some RF in shack/house/computer which usually manifests when use the OCF dipole at High Power.

No surprise, an OCF dipole is a common mode current generator, and it's
very difficult to choke it, especially for high power, because the high
common mode voltage/current will fry a choke.

I've written extensively on applications like yours, it's on my website.
Study the RFI tutorial and the Coaxial Chokes power point. Chokes are
generally ineffective except at the feedpoint.

73, Jim K9YC