Topband: anybody in Eu using JT-9 or JT-65

Brian D G3VGZ topband at planet3.freeuk.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 10:44:18 EDT 2014

Dan Edward Dba East edwards <dan.n.edwards at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> greetings
>
> to pass the time through the summer doldrums, I've been playing with weak
> signal digi-modes.  Near sunrise, am having fair luck to VK, w jt-65...
> VK3XQ comes through almost every day..
>
> but, at Eu sunrise, my cq's go un-answered, even with kw power.  Is the
> band really THAT bad to Eu, still?
>
> from a noisy suburban location, WSJT-x seems to help...

I'm a late night person so sunrise is unlikely for me but the band has been
very quiet late evening/early morning of late, apart from the S9++ static
from summer storms. CQs on JT9/65 have only registered at most two or three
eu stations on the RB sites but no replies.

80m has been quite good but few new DX stations to work! VK/ZL coming
through grey line, and Namibia/ZS most evenings.

--
Brian D
G3VGZ