Topband: Ferrites and verticals

Henk PA5KT pa5kt at remijn.net
Wed Aug 13 06:03:12 EDT 2014

Hi,

Jake,

Jake starts with an interesting assumption: HF6V or ANY vertical.
HF6V is not the same as any vertical, as the 1/4 wl on 20m 75 own coax
which was delivered with the antenna acts as a matching stub on 20m.

I have the same question:
Is a choke needed, and where do I place it on a regular 1/4 vertical and
where on a HF[6|9]V?

73 Henk PA5KT