Topband: anybody in Eu using JT-9 or JT-65

Dan Edward Dba East edwards dan.n.edwards at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 13 12:36:18 EDT 2014

alexey

yes, i understand the thinking, re JT-9 / JT-65; "best QSO you never heard" as W4ZV said...
 and, 'if i did not hear it with my ears, it does not exist, I can not work it, it doesn't count' also..

still, ARRL DXCC desk doesn't care what mode we use, right?  so....what the heck?

as jim, K9YC pointed out, directional receiving antennas, 'reasonably efficient' transmit antennas,
 and receivers, transmitters, & amplifiers are still necessary...I am just adding K1JT's impressive
 software to the toolbox.

I'm just trying to work something on what sounds like a dead band.  Today, it was impressive.
 20 mins past sunrise, i was still de-coding vk3xq ( and he heard me ), and the band sounded
 'dead'....I rarely work any dx 5 minutes after sunrise on top band, from this QTH..

reception in suburban locations is challenging.  Are multi-acre, deep rural locations a requirement for
 peer approval when chasing dx on top band?  I hope not.

To be sure, when signals become readable again, I will be back on cw...

73, w5xz, dan