Topband: Shunt feeding tower

LB3RE LJ3RE Stein-Roar Brobakken post at lb3re.com
Wed Aug 27 08:35:44 EDT 2014

How is inteference on rotor or relay boxes?I thinking 1kw generate magnetic radiation into cables ???  How u solve this guys ??  Tnx

---Sent by iphoneLB3RE LJ3RE K3RAG ex: LA6FJAwww.lb3re.com ~ Rag ~ Stein Roar Brobakken e-mail:post at lb3re.comhttp://la5o.wordpress.comwww.contesting.no

Reading about 3-wire cages and the like, I feel a serious case of shunt
envy.  Mine is a single wire about 18 inches from one corner of my Rohn
25, connected to the tower at about 50 feet.  I used an omega match with
a couple of 3 KV transmitting variables, because my tower is quite tall
for 160 (97 feet with 3 yagis, 2 on top) and I could not find a 50-ohm
point.It was absurdly easy to adjust and seems to work quite well at 100
watts.  I'm sure there are better solutions (including Herb's), but this
was really simple.

73, Pete N4ZR

Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at

http://reversebeacon.net,