Topband: Warbling Noise around 3513 khz.???? Opinions sought.

Hugh Valentine hsvdds at juno.com
Sun Aug 31 12:05:12 EDT 2014

Good Day, Like most I am trying to prepare for Top Band season.  I have a mystery noise which Warlbes and slightly shifts Freq. centering around 3513.5 Khz.I can disconnect most everything in house, including Modems, Computers, Fluorescents,TVs, Gadgets and am down to using a 12V battery on the K3, connected to any outside antenna, including RX ant., and can still hear this noise. Anyone experience this type noise around this frequency?  And what have you found?Possible Smart meter noise?  But it is pretty constant, there all the time, not on and off periodically.  About all I can conclude so far.I usually have a pin drop quiet environment here on the island where utilities are underground and want to find the source. Thanks for any comments. ValN4RJ