Topband: ARRL 160m contest and DX Window?

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 10:26:57 EST 2014

The ARRL 160 meter contest is this weekend. I know there has been a lot of
controversy in the past about the 1830 to 1835 segment (the so-called "DX
Window").

I understand that if I am in the USA, the right thing to do is to NOT park
in that window and call CQ (but I can answer a CQ from a DX station on
another continent or island). The rule at http://www.arrl.org/160-meter
simply states "*6.1. *The segment 1.830 to 1.835 should be used for
intercontinental QSOs only."

Maybe some of the more experienced Topbands could clarify this.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com