Topband: That 1.9 MHz radar signal...

John Kaufmann jkaufmann at alum.mit.edu
Tue Dec 9 19:22:27 EST 2014

>  Stay tuned, and any additional reports are welcome...I think we have
narrowed it down to something in the Maine/New Brunswick.Nova Scotia areas.

> 73,
> Doug K1DG

I would also put Newfoundland in the region of interest.  From my location
in the greater Boston area, the direction of arrival is more east than
northeast (around 75 deg as I said earlier).  I get the same heading every
time I measure the signal and I'm confident in my ability to resolve
directions with my RX array.  The F/B I see on this signal with my array
suggests the signal is not particularly high angle.  The area around St.
John's, Newfoundland area would be right in line with my estimated direction
of arrival.

73, John W1FV