Topband: Shunt Feed - Insulated Elements on Yagi

k1fz at myfairpoint.net k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Thu Dec 18 11:33:25 EST 2014

     One of the factors for arc over is the diameter of the tower and
top support pipe diameter & length.
  A really FAT 1/4 wave tower may have 1000 ohms at the top, while a
skinny tower would have much more.
  The higher the impedance, the higher the voltage to cause arc overs.
  73
  Bruce-K1FZ
  www.qsl.net/k1fz/beveragenotes.html

Stan - For about 8 years, up until this past spring, my shunt fed tower