Topband: Confusion in ON4UN's Low Band DXing radiallengthcalculations.

k1fz at myfairpoint.net k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Sun Dec 21 10:23:48 EST 2014

     Look at the radial field as a FAT inductor. A fat tower has a
lower Q and wider bandwidth, lower impedance at the top/far end.

  73
  Bruce-=k1fz.

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 10:10:32 -0500, w4buw at aol.com wrote:

         GM BRIAN... I HAVE BEEN OFF TOP BAND FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW,
AND NOT AS ACTIVE AT AGE 76 AS I ONCE WAS...

  GOING BACK TO MY OLD EE DAYS, IF Q=X/R, DOESN'T Q INCREASE IN VALUE
AS R DECREASES IN VALUE?  SEE YOUR COMMENT I HAVE UNDERLINED AND
PLACED IN BOLD FONT BELOW...

  73 DE GEORGE, W4BUW