Topband: W1MGP (sk)

K1FZ-Bruce k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Wed Dec 31 08:44:42 EST 2014

     I worked Sam almost every Friday evening on the local 10-10 net.for years.

  Related, Yes, I asked Sam a few years ago.and said  his father and
Harold were cousins. Sam was in his 90's
  but would not tell his exact age.

  He was a great guy. Way back in the early 1930' ships would pass by
his island. He worked a number
  of ship radio operators using light CW.... Had a car headlight
mounted outside and keyed it from his ham shack.

  73
  Bruce-K1FZ

On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 07:09:19 -0500, "Bernie McClenny, W3UR"
<bernie at dailydx.com> wrote:
I wonder if he was related to the inventor of the Beverage antenna?
  > Bernie
  >

  > Bernie McClenny, W3UR
  > Editor of: The Daily DX
  > The Weekly DX
  > How's DX?
  >
  > Two week trial - http://www.dailydx.com/trial.html
  > https://twitter.com/dailydx
  > 410-489-6518
  >

  > > On Dec 30, 2014, at 11:28 AM, K1FZ-Bruce <k1fz at myfairpoint.net> wrote:
  > >

  > > Samuel "Sam" Beverage, W1MGP passed away December 18th. He was in
his 90's and served in WW-II in North Africa, up through Italy into
central Europe.

  > > Sam is on the ARRL DX honor roll, a member of the 160 meter Gray
Hair Net, and was the local 10-10 net control.

  > > He lived on North Haven Island, Maine and is a relative of Harold
Beverage.