Topband: Radial Question

Mike Greenway K4PI at BELLSOUTH.NET
Tue Jan 7 08:49:18 EST 2014

My 160 vertical is right up against the house so I have used “under the house” radials for years.  The basement is not finished out so I just tacked them to the floor joist with a staple gun and brought them back to a central point at a window just adjacent to the tower and drilled a hole through the window frame large enough to handle some larger wire which connected to the ground radial system.  As time went on I put aluminum screen wire along the joist and connected that into the radial system.  I have had this system in place over 25 years.  73 Mike K4PI