Topband: DX-100 adventure contiunued

Milt -- N5IA n5ia at zia-connection.com
Wed Jan 8 17:45:40 EST 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Cunningham

( Maybe I spent too many
years around electric  utilities) I  think that +/- 5% guideline is honored
more in the breach  than in the observance.  In the  meter business "480
high-line" was 530 VAC!

73,
Charlie.K4OTV

I can say that for the 40 years I worked for Duncan Valley Electric Coop
the intent and goal was the 120 VAC +-5%, tending to the + side.

Extensive use of Voltage regulators and capacitor banks on all lines,
even the extremely rural, long, single phase taps, were utilized to keep
the delivered voltage up to par.

For many years the use of distribution transformers with +- taps were
used to 'fine tune' service voltage in certain service areas which were
outside the set range of the VRs.

YMWV with your particular utility.

73, and HNY de Milt, N5IA

-----