Topband: DX-100 adventure contiunued

Charlie Cunningham charlie-cunningham at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 8 20:52:57 EST 2014

True! - Remember the warm glow of 866 rectifiers?  Ever had  one
"flash-over" from plate to filament? I did once, when, I think in the "heat
of battle" I applied the HV too quickly without enough filament and mercury
warm-up time! Used 'em as rectifiers in a home brew 805 gg amp. First real
amp I ever had. Built it when I was about 15, I think. Worked some good
stuff with it! Heady stuff for a kid and aspiring CW DXer!  :-)

73,
Charlie,K4OTV