Topband: Ends for older Phillystran

Ashton Lee Ashton.R.Lee at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 14 14:11:06 EST 2014

As a very crude analogy what you want to be able to do is use a steel cable from the anchor through the middle of something like an automobile wheel, Then the Phillystran wants to take a couple of lazy turns around the rim of the wheel and then get clamped to itself. While there are probably better engineered alternatives to the auto wheel the idea is that the turn be of a large smooth radius and have a high total friction such that the clamps don’t actually hold against much pull.

If you look at old sailing ships that’s how they are rigged… with big wooden thimble blocks.