Topband: Buffaloed by a bias tee

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Jan 23 13:45:29 EST 2014

Tom, I appreciate your concern. I have made these changes - I am now
using a shunt choke (homebrew,, measuring 45 uH) and a smaller series
capacitor..  Now all I have to do is to find a source of some
appropriate chokes for the final tee, and my problems may be behind me.
I was just looking at some Hammond chokes, no. 1532h - 100 uH, rated for
maximum DC current of 500 ma., solenoid wound, self-resonant frequency
of 12 MHz.  Sound reasonable?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,