Topband: Anyone purchased the ARRL book on Short Antennas for160???

Richard Fry rfry at adams.net
Thu Jan 23 20:00:33 EST 2014

Guy Olinger posted:
> NEC 4.x ground calculation is *tuned* for the *money* paradigm, the
> commercial MF BC paradigm. It underestimates ground loss where radials
> would not be accepted as kosher by the FCC.  ...   Just don't equate NEC
> to natural law.

Some may believe/promote the concept that NEC software is written to favor
"the commercial MF BC paradigm."

But if such is true, those promoters would do well to perform a NEC study
supporting their viewpoint, and post a link to that study in this thread.

Note that the NEC4.2 analysis I generated and linked at
http://s20.postimg.org/6hfsl64ml/Elevated_vs_Buried_Radials.jpg closely
replicates the measured results of a real-world monopole system elevated 4.9
meters above the earth.

R. Fry