Topband: Anyone purchased the ARRL book on Short Antennasfor160???

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 25 15:24:58 EST 2014

I posted this on TowerTalk and I got a couple of responses as to why the
ends of ground radials should not be grounded.
However no-one has guessed as to how many db I have supposedly lost with the
below scenario.

Why is this important?  My 60 radials per vertical in my 80m 4-square are
buried a couple of inches below the surface and I consider that grounded.
Also where the radials cross each other I did not bond them together.  So
how many db have I supposedly lost?

Doug