Topband: Grounding the ends of radialsn - BTW 40m Vertical

Charlie Cunningham charlie-cunningham at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 25 21:22:00 EST 2014

By the way, Tom

A 40 m 1/4 wave over 4 elevated radials should be a really good performer. I
built one that was a good match into Asia and other "faraway places" when
compared to my full-size 1/2 wave 40m vertical dipole. Couldn't tell any
really noticeable difference when switching back and for the between the two
and doing A/B comparisons on long-haul paths. - FWIW   (The base of the 40m
vertical was up about 20 feet.)

73,
Charlie, K4OTV