Topband: Chassis Bonding

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jan 29 12:24:49 EST 2014

On 1/29/2014 9:12 AM, Shoppa, Tim wrote:
> "Insulated by paint" seems like a very poor idea. It's like someone thought "my boss told me to do this, I don't think I it should be done, and if it isn't worth doing then it isn't worth doing well":-)

Oh -- I'm certainly not recommending it, nor am I suggesting they did it
intentionally. Rather, I'm observing that it's a common manufacturing
defect, and certainly not limited to Astron. I've seen it in products
from many manufacturers, including older Elecraft products (the band
decoders), but they've long since gotten religion and fixed that issue.

73, Jim K9YC