Topband: Antenna Help

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Jan 31 19:52:51 EST 2014

On 1/31/2014 4:36 PM, Chortek, Robert L wrote:
> Thinking about a simple 30-160 meter vertical system with minimal compromises:

What I had that worked was a 90 foot vertical with
insulators at 30 and 60 feet.  Relays shorted out
the insulators, so that I could have a 30 foot
vertical for 40, a 60 foot vertical for 80,
or a 90 foot vertical for 160.  In your case,
the relay at the 60 foot point would switch
in the top hat for 160 meters.  For 30, you
could either use the 30 foot vertical or
the 60 foot vertical (as a 3/4 wave vertical),
with a matching network.

Rick N6RK