Topband: VK3ZL SK today

Jorge Diez - CX6VM cx6vm.jorge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 23:40:33 EDT 2014

Really sad news

Rest in peace Bob

73,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Topband [mailto:topband-bounces at contesting.com] En nombre de LB3RE LJ3RE
Stein-Roar Brobakken
Enviado el: lunes, 07 de julio de 2014 11:12 p.m.
Para: David Raymond
CC: topband at contesting.com; SidShusterman; robert briggs; Jean Briggs;
K3JJG; tree at kkn.net; Bob Garrett; Bernie McClenny, W3UR
Asunto: Re: Topband: VK3ZL SK today

Sad to hear this.He was always on the topband and made it clear that the
band was open, he will be missed. 73s SK

---Sent by iphoneLB3RE LJ3RE K3RAG ex: LA6FJAwww.lb3re.com ~ Rag ~ Stein
Roar Brobakken
e-mail:post at lb3re.comhttp://la5o.wordpress.comwww.contesting.no

Bob was truly a remarkable person.  Not only did his homebrew skills far
surpass the vast majority of us but he also put out a remarkable signal with
a modest station.  A lot of topbanders may be unaware that Bob's signal came
from a homebrew 42' vertical (yes, forty two foot) .  Capped off with a
hefty top hat and a very good ground radial system, he was able to work the
world daily.  He and I had other shared interests and enjoyed exchanging
emails.  I will surely miss his friendship and his signal on 1824.5 on those
cold, winter morns.

73 Bob. . .rest in peace OM.

Dave, W0FLS