Topband: FW: Using 80m 1/4 vertical on 160

Charlie charlie-cunningham at nc.rr.com
Mon Jun 2 01:15:15 EDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie [mailto:charlie-cunningham at nc.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 1:13 AM
To: 'W0MU Mike Fatchett'
Subject: RE: Topband: Using 80m 1/4 vertical on 160

Hi, Mike

Could you add 1 or 2 top wires and turn it into an inverted-L or Tee for
topband? Or you could add an 80m trap at the top followed by enough
horizontal (or sloped) wire to resonate on 160, while preserving the 80 m
function?
Any of those configurations should work well on 160, I think. Probably need
to add 1 or 2 160m radials, I expect - even if you have to bend them.
(When, you say "1/4 wave vertical" I'm taking that literally.)

Charlie, K4OTV