Topband: 160,80,40 antenna

JAMESAMS88--- via Topband topband at contesting.com
Mon Jun 2 23:55:20 EDT 2014

Interesting stuff from you all on success of using a quarter  wave vertical
for 80. Yes it does also play on topband. I  am using  remote relays at the
base of the vertical, I switch it  from 80 meters to a base load for 160 or
to a half wave with a condenser for 40  meters.  maybe not the best antenna
on 160 using a base loading coil  but better than nothing and I have worked
a lot of DX on topband.  For 40  & 80 it plays very well.  In town with a
small lot my  worst problem is noise. No room for a beverage and my pennant
is not to  good.  The problems with relay switching at the tower is when the
62 foot vertical gets hit by lighting is very hard on the relays which  has
happened twice   Jim W0NFL