Topband: Fsj4 series heliax around a rotor

Mike/W5JR w5jr.lists at att.net
Sun Jun 8 15:44:20 EDT 2014

One option is to do what remote ENG trucks do and make at least a 540 deg or 720 deg (1.5 or 2.0 or more) loops rather than a 180 or 360. This will reduce some of the flexing action as it is more like changing the coil size instead of a lot of bending back and forth.

You do need to be careful in prepping the ends for connectors. It is very easy to score the thin copper shield and it will fracture easily if scored. I recommend using some of the heat shrink with the glue inside on the back of the connector shell and down the cable three or four inches to act as a strain relief.

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA