Topband: Rig Question

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Jun 16 16:28:15 EDT 2014

I found the TS-990 main receiver to be the best Ive ever used and the 2nd
one close but not quite but Ive no experience with a TS-950.

Another thing I noticed was the near absence of phase noise and other
artifacts when testing with 144, 432 and 1296 MHz transverters having a NF
of .5dB or less. It brings a new meaning to digging below the noise.

Perhaps a few got out that werent aligned properly or required upgrades.

Carl
KM1H