Topband: Field Day Classic 1950s

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Jun 26 09:49:47 EDT 2014

Mine was a HQ-129X, Viking I and 122VFO, plus DB-22A preselector for the
high bands.

This was a 3 station event with HS friends on a high open field in LI NY in
1957.

Antennas were various wires on push up masts that doubled as supports for a
HB10 and 15M ground plane.

Power was some old WW2 surplus generator. Most fit in an almost new 57
Hudson wagon with the big Packard V8 and the  roof racks, that car was huge
and was driven by one of the dads. The rest went in my 49 Ford 2 dr. I think
both vehicles made 2 trips and my Ford stayed on site for gas runs, that
genny was thirsty and belonged to the Hudson owner; they were big into
camping.

Carl
KM1H