mikewate at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 23:25:30 EST 2014
Thanks. I have actually studied your document Jim, and have recommended it
to many others. :-)
I used what I had here. There are several bifilar turns through some of
those big #43 beads. I even hung some #31 cores on the lamps themselves
(which helped a little) and on the Romex feeding the fixture. That's all I
have had time to do up to this point.
I have some 2.4" #31 cores here I could use. But there's another problem
that I want to fix: exactly how the RFI from that fixture is getting into
my RX system. It's over S9 on my IC-765 on several 160m frequencies. But I
just don't have the time lately.
I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Anyway, time to go play in the contest
On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 10:12 PM, Jim Brown <jim at audiosystemsgroup.com>wrote:
> Big #43 beads on the ballast leads didn't fix it.
> Of course not. A choke for 160M requires many turns on one or more #31
> cores. Study k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf
More information about the Topband