Topband: Passive Receive Antenna Splitter

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Thu Mar 13 23:52:54 EDT 2014

Hi Gary,

The most efficient way to share a Beverage among two (or as many as four)
bands to use W3LPL bandpass filters. Loss of each filter is in the order
of 1.5 dB vs. about 3.5 dB for a typical Magic-T combiner/splitter.

http://www.k1ttt.net/technote/w3lplfil.html

Just connect the inputs of both filters to the Beverage antenna and the output of
each filter to each radio. The reason this works so well is that the impedance
of the filters is very high outside their pass bands.

I have dozens of these filters in my station; they're inexpensive, very effective
and easy to build.

73
Frank
W3LPL