Topband: Antenna matching question

Ray Benny rayn6vr at cableone.net
Wed Mar 19 20:56:09 EDT 2014

I have burn up two output band switches on my Ameritron AL1200 while on
160m. The amp uses a single 3CX1200A7 tube. My swr may have been high, but
less that 3:1.

Could the discussion above be the same for the AL1200 amp? I'm tired of
replacing the band switch. I looked at replacing it with a larger switch,
but there is not enough room.

I am not an electronic tech, but I can understand most of the
discussion/theory.

Tnx,

Ray,
N6VR