Topband: 1810.8 carrier found.

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Mon Mar 31 17:03:46 EDT 2014

As I've gotten older & being a musician, performing for 50 years now,
my ears are not so good. I really appreciate the "Spot" function on
my K3 & for me... I find hitting that button brings me to zero
perfectly well and between that & the P3 (LP-Pan would be as good), I
manage to pretty well get it right.

Usually...

Gary
KA1J

> What I DO notice as a major difference is that with CW, not everyone
> zero-beats a station calling CQ. Further, if it's a DX station running
> split, your transmitted signal is "free" to plop down wherever you please,
> just not on top of the CQ'er.

---