Topband: Beverage wire question

Hardy Landskov n7rt at cox.net
Thu May 1 11:12:45 EDT 2014

I've used window line for many years and it is a maintenance hassle. The
heat and UV here in AZ just eats the stuff up where it has to be replaced
every 5 years or so, and I do twist the line. The last wind storm we had
ripped the line right out of the DXE black plastic insulators which are not
all that good either.
So I am looking with keen interest at all these homebrew open-wire-line
construction techniques.
YMMV.
73 Hardy N7RT